Basics of Corrosion & Protections for DI Pipe: Guided by the Updated DIPRA-Corrpro Design Decision Model™ (DDM™)
A balanced introduction to corrosive environments typically encountered by buried pipelines that will give attendees all the information they need to make an informed decision on utilizing available pipeline protection mechanisms, if needed. The decision-making process is guided by the Design Decision Model™ that was developed through decades of research and experience by DIPRA and Corrpro, two leading authorities on corrosion prevention across our industry. Concepts addressed in this session include:
- The mechanisms of corrosion – four things that must be present,
- types of corrosion – galvanic and more,
- oxidation vs. corrosion – there is a difference,
- examining real-life corrosion failures,
- corrosion protection mechanisms – including V-Bio polyethylene encasement, metalized zinc, and cathodic protection options.
Presentation Duration: can be tailored from 30 to 60 minutes per client’s request.
Available Presenters: McWane Ductile Regional Sales Engineers, Product Engineers and select local Sales Representatives. Details provided upon scheduling of a Training Session.
Prior Presentation Locations: Contact your local McWane Ductile Sales Representative to determine which locations we can provide this presentation. CEU / PDH / TCH professional development hours available in select locations.
To schedule a presentation for your organizationContact Us