Internal Corrosion Prevention for DI Pipelines
Internal corrosion issues with Ductile iron pipe are a far different ballgame than external corrosion. External corrosion requires more ‘partners in crime’ to occur, and if just one of the required four components is missing, you won’t have corrosion. Internal corrosion can, and often is, simply the result of an aggressive fluid being transported within the pipeline. This presentation covers:
- Common potential internal corrosion mechanisms – bacterial and/or chemical,
- tuberculation and the role cement mortar linings play in preventing it,
- special linings available to effectively combat internal corrosion,
- surface preparation differences between various special lining options,
- storage & warranty differences among various special lining options, and
- how to determine if a special lining is needed.
Presentation Duration: can be tailored from 30 to 60 minutes per client’s request.
Available Presenters: McWane Ductile Regional Sales Engineers, Product Engineers and select local Sales Representatives. Details provided upon scheduling of a Training Session.
Prior Presentation Locations: Contact your local McWane Ductile Sales Representative to determine which locations we can provide this presentation. CEU / PDH / TCH professional development hours available in select locations.
To schedule a presentation for your organizationContact Us