This presentation examines the various joint systems of ductile iron pipe for use in aerial spans and installations through casings or other carrier pipes. Given the inherent strength and resiliency of ductile iron itself, Ductile iron pipes are perfectly suited for these types of installations where repetitive vibrations and other non-standard external forces can be encountered throughout the long life of the pipeline. Concepts addressed in this session include:
- The structure, detail, and versatility of ductile iron restrained joints,
- considerations to address for a proper aerial span installation,
- the complete math of an aerial span installation,
- common encounters with things done wrong,
- push or pull pipe through a casing – let’s discuss,
- pipe on supports and long-span pipe design.