Attendees will be provided with information and resources to demonstrate why ductile iron pipe design calculations are the most conservative and reliable in the water and sewer industry. This presentation brings the math alive with easy to follow graphics and pictures, permitting quick assessments towards making your most effective pipeline materials selection. Concepts addressed in this session include:
- Internal pressure / bending stress / deflection design limits,
- the math of force,
- development of the flexible conduit theory,
- the contribution of cover / trench types,
- the pressure rating explained, and
- thickness calculations using the McWane Pocket Engineer.