This presentation covers the development and usage of a Preliminary Engineering Report (PER) to assist engineers and municipalities on the road to gaining USDA funding with data that justifies the use of Ductile iron pipe. Formatted to follow USDA Bulletin 1780-2 for Water & Waste Disposal Program, which involves analysis of alternate materials when preparing a PER, this presentation from an engineering perspective will address:
- Analyzing alternatives to the initial proposal,
- defining true project costs,
- information critical to the underwriting process,
- guidance for compiling a proper funding submittal,
- provisions of the Interagency Memorandum of 2013, and
- applying sound engineering judgement throughout the process.